At Odyssey we take pride in our close working relationships with our secondary schools’. Our honest approach means we cut through the typical “sales jargon” and instead work as an extended part of your team to allow us to make recommendations that benefit learners. Our experienced business development managers will provide effective account management either by phone or onsite at your School or Academy. Odyssey’s combined expertise stretches over 35 years of working within Education IT. We aim to engage with all stake holders including Network Managers, Business Managers, Head Teachers, Governors, Teaching staff and the Students to ensure that any major IT development creates the maximum impact. Our unique approach in understanding your IT vision and your users enables us to tailor advantageous solutions for your School or Academy.
One of our primary goals when working on any IT solution is to consider the teaching and learning outcomes. We appreciate not every School/Academy is the same and so our work with you will always be to understand your individual needs and challenges.
- Learning outcomes for KS3 & 4; helping to find age appropriate technology which engages and challenges. Maintaining a pervasive and high level of technology that most students experience of home – to allow for seamless learning.
- Value for money; financial constraints placed on some secondaries make refresh and ongoing development extremely difficult or even impossible. Odyssey aim to provide real value for money, with ideas to make your budget stretch and afford the latest technology in a timely fashion without compromising on specification or performance.
- Strategic partnership long term; for Odyssey it’s all about The Journey. Most ICT developments within school will not be individual, but rather, part of a number of interconnected IT projects. To achieve challenging educational visions you need to take an expert and considered look at all stages of development to ensure overall success. We work with Secondary Schools and Academies at any stage to help develop a holistic understanding and become a trusted long term partner.
At Odyssey we cater for a large number of IT requirements, aiming to provide in-house professional services or through our trusted partner program. We have worked tirelessly to build relationships with appropriate and localised IT partners. Our vendor and distribution relationships spanning over a combined 35 years mean we can deliver almost anything at a competitive cost with significant value added services for our customers. Please see below a brief list of how we can help.
Our Solution Portfolio
Design, supply and install of Audio Visual Solutions
- SMART, Promethean, Touchscreen Large Format Displays, Visualisers, Projectors, Digital Signage, Hall Systems and SEN AV.
Wireless and Mobility
- We look at Wireless from a holistic perspective – as a “Mobility Solution” we consider all aspects of use from user devices to guest access, e-safety to e-learning.
Desktop, Laptops, Tablets and other handhelds
- Microsoft Windows, Apple, Android, Chrome
- Ergo, HP, Lenovo, Acer, Asus, Toshiba, Fujitsu and Samsung. Importantly we are seeing a lot of requests for refurbished PC’s to save potentially up to 66% on the cost of new PC’s with a great warranty included.
Servers, Back-ups and Network
- Design, Supply, Install and Support of curriculum servers and networks.
Consultancy, Budget planning and Training
- From bespoke CPD training plans based on skills gap analysis to refresher sessions on the latest functionality from Microsoft’s OneNote Student notebooks we can provide comprehensive training for your secondary school.
- Voting Systems, Scanners, Printers, Cameras, Mobile Trolleys, Storage Units, SEN and many more….
- Curriculum and Admin Software including Microsoft OVS-ES Agreements.
- Fibre, Cat5e, Cat6, Cat7, Networking and Server Cabinets.
- Design, Supply, Install and Support Digital and Analogue systems.
Internet Line and Filtering
- Lease Line including install.
- Education focused Filtering.
- Dedicated Firewalls.