13th February – SHARP Partnership – managed print
With school budgets, tighter than ever, a robust printing solution is important. Not only can it save considerable budget but it can help increase pupil numbers in 6th form as an important resource and a green credential. More importantly, if it isn’t handled well, your print costs can be astronomical and lead to massive amounts of waste.
Our partnership with Sharp enables Odyssey to provide end to end printing solutions with serious value added to any contract. If you are looking at print, or just want to see if you could save money on outsourced print jobs then get in touch: TheJourney@OdysseyEducation.co.uk
6th February – Epson Education Authorised Partnership
Odyssey are proud to announce our ongoing partnership with Epson has been recognised and we are now one of only a handful of Education Authorised Partners.
What does this mean for you?
We now have access to the best possible education pricing for our customers when looking at the Epson portfolio. As well as the best technical advice and guidance in-house at Odyssey and directly with the manufacturer. We offer some fantastic demonstrations of the projection and print products – so if you are looking at either please get in touch TheJourney@OdysseyEducation.co.uk
1st February – Microsoft Authorised Education Partner
Odyssey are proud to announce that we are now a Microsoft Authorised Education Partner (AEP)
To earn a Microsoft AEP authorisation, partners must complete a test to prove their level of academic licencing and market expertise.
The Microsoft AEP Program is designed to authorise and equip organisations that deliver academic products and services through the Microsoft platform with the training, resources and support they need to provide their customers with superior experiences and outcomes.
So, if you are looking for Microsoft Education Licence pricing or just have a general enquiry get in touch with Odyssey today on: 01582 437 110 or TheJourney@OdysseyEducation.co.uk
30th January– BETT 2017
Following a successful BETT 2017, we would like to say thank you to everyone who came to the show to visit us, we really appreciate you taking time out of your day.
Big trends we saw at the show included; Virtual Reality, different formats of interactive technology and a lot of international stands demonstrating how they educate.
If you made the visit we hope you had a good show and if you found anything interesting get in touch to talk to us about it. If you didn’t make it down, then drop us a line we would be happy to discuss the latest and greatest from BETT 2017.
A great night of food and drinks for our Christmas do in Central London, Odyssey is open for business today – albeit slightly more tired than yesterday!
Merry Christmas from all at Odyssey.
15th December – start ‘um young
Following a successful interview we are pleased to announce the latest member of the team, Diyan Halai, he’s made an effort to look really festive too!
In completely unrelated news, the directors may be starting a reality TV show – three men and a baby.
14th December: Netsupport Partner Update
We would like to thank NetSupport for featuring us in their quarterly newsletter.
7th December: Works at Carnival Arts Centre
If you are visiting Odyssey Education HQ please speak to us about parking, there is some construction work taking place and parking has temporarily moved. Always a lot happening here at the UKCCA; makes it a fun place to work. In January the Carnival will be in preparation stage again and we are looking forward to seeing what the theme will be for 2017!
1st December: It’s beginning to look a lot little bit like Christmas…
With December upon us it’s time to get a few decorations up, the office looks more festive and it’s putting us in the mood for a great run up to Christmas with lots to do!
2nd November: IT’s competition time!
We have been mentioning our competition to celebrate our birthday for a little while! Thank you for your patience. Without further ado, here it is:
For your chance to win a tablet with your choice of operating system (Apple iOS, Google Android or Microsoft
Windows) simply like or follow our social media pages (Twitter / Facebook) and share our post.
The competition closes on the 31st January 2017, and the winner will be selected at random.
Good luck and happy sharing!
Link to Tweet: https://twitter.com/OdysseyEd/status/793804062751911938
Link to Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OdysseyEdu/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf
Terms and Conditions
- The promoter is: Odyssey Education Ltd (company no. 9826069) whose registered office is at OE HQ, 3 St Mary’s Rd, LU1 3JA.
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via facebook.com and twitter.com
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Closing date for entry will be 31st January 2017. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
Follow our Twitter page, or Like our Facebook page and share the post mentioned above to your timeline.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize is as follows:
The winner, selected at random, will receive a tablet device (with the choice of an Apple, Android or Windows operating system), the exact model and specification will be decided at the end of the competition by the promoter to ensure we can select a device with the latest technology.
- The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen by an independent adjudicator appointed by the Promoter.
- The winner will be notified by Twitter/Facebook within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network.
10th October: Odyssey are 1!
Can you believe it’s already been a year?! Odyssey Education is celebrating its first year on October 15th. We would like to say a massive thank you to all of our customers for their ongoing support! The past year has been fantastic and we want to make the next even better; from exceptional customer service to innovative educational technologies we are working to make 2017 a year to remember.
To celebrate our first birthday, Odyssey are offering a free tablet device with your choice of operating system: Apple, Google or Windows!
Speak to your account manager for more information.
20th September: IT’S OFFICIAL – Odyssey Education will be at BETT 2017 on Stand G86!
We will have exciting new educational technologies on stand to demonstrate, as well giveaways, competitions and the chance to take the weight off your feet and have a cup of tea or coffee!
Let us know you are coming down and we can organise our strategic partners to be available for hands on demonstrations of your area of interest. Are you investigating wireless, filtering and e-safety, front of classroom technology? Let us take the hassle out of going to multiple stands and speaking to sales staff and get their expert technologists to come to you on Odyssey’s stand.
If you haven’t already, register for your free ticket, and we will see you there!
5th September: We’ve had the decorators in to Odyssey HQ and it’s looking great – even if we do say so ourselves!
If you are in South Bedfordshire and want to pop in for a coffee feel free to come in and say ‘Hi!’
It’s not just the office décor that’s new, we’ve also been working hard with our partners and have some fantastic back to school offers available for our Schools, Academies and Colleges. Including free consultancy, software and site surveys ready for any technology development you may have planned for 2016-17 term!
Speak to your account manager today to find out more!
21st June: Today we had a visit from Ed Miliband.
Ed Milliband wants Odyssey to vote ‘IN’ but the office is split.
17th June: So, the Euro’s started last week and we have a Sweepstake going on in the office! Ibrahim picked out the favourite (France), Jiten got Italy who have been playing well after today’s result but Andrew trumped them all with England! So the money will be going to Jiten or Ibrahim, then.
Good luck to all the teams and Odyssey staff!!
1st May: Annie Mac played at our office over the weekend. Trying to beat Softcat to best workplace next year.
28th April: One of the reasons we founded Odyssey was to give back to the local community and help in any way we can. We are a new business but it’s important to help with volunteering and charity work whenever possible.
This year we have pledged days to charitable trusts, we are offering all profits from Digital Schools Membership to charity, and will be volunteering at the Luton International Carnival. Celebrating its 40th year on Sunday 29th May – if you’re in the area come down!
We aren’t performing – we wouldn’t want to put you through that!!
Check out their Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/UKCentreforCarnivalArts
27th April: We had a visit from Ergo yesterday to look at their range of devices & services. UK PC manufacture has had cause for concern over the past couple of years; but it’s good to see the Ergo brand is strong.
Tier 1 (Lenovo, HP etc) will always be the go-to for some customers, but with Ergo you are supporting local manufacture & there are a range of benefits from palletising delivery & minimising waste to asset tagging that help with deployment.
One particular stand-out was the Windows hybrid 106 tablet. Supplied with a keyboard case & at a great price point, we are sure lots of schools will be interest in this device.
13th April: Today we are at Fortinet’s Reading office to learn about their latest security and wireless offerings. We are excited to hear what their plans are for the future and how we can help education with their technology.
9th April: We took some time to visit EGX Rezzed on the weekend and left with loads of inspiration on how to get into a career in the gaming industry. With such a massive focus from Government on coding in the Curriculum it’s worthwhile looking at the end result and career opportunities. The event was great (even if you couldn’t tell it from Ibrahim’s face!) and we got to check out some of the latest games that the talented developer at the show had made.
8th April: There has already been drama, on a trip to get lunch we noticed a visit from the fire brigade to the University building behind our office. Thankfully no one was hurt! It did make us appreciate the new University of Bedfordshire building – in the sun it looks amazing.
7th April: It’s been a busy few weeks for us, at Odyssey. We’ve moved in to our new office in The Centre in Bedfordshire. It’s also home to the UK Centre for Carnival Arts – and with the Carnival only one month away it’s been a really busy, exciting and colourful time! The state of the art facilities include a 400 person theatre as well as three teaching rooms which we plan to make use of with technology shows and a range of activities throughout 2016!